Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Why I'm Never Driving During a Drunk Holiday EVER Again

Well, I'm sure many of you are wondering how it was driving for St. Patrick's Day (weekend); and the answer to that question is money and drunk people riffic. I did not drive the exact day of St. Patrick's Day; I drove the weekend Chicago turned the river green... and probably never doing it again. At least that's what I tell myself right now.

It all started when the bars opened as early as 7 or 8am for people's day drinking muses. If I remember correctly, *every single one* of my passengers was intoxicated. I probably started around 11 am because I wanted super extra heavy duty money and surge was very high. It all started when I got stuck driving down Michigan Avenue and was moving about 2 inches every 5 minutes. I was lucky to not get canceled on though. Now, I wonder how bartenders consistently deal with drunk people and even belligerent people. I can deal with a couple of drunk people a night, but it gets to a point where I even become worn out from talking to and dealing with these people.

Most people were well behaved, but I don't want anyone to throw up in my car. Plus I sometimes wonder how bartenders deal with drunk people on a daily basis. Then I end up doing it myself plenty of the time. It builds character, that's forsure. I also feel like there's a larger likelihood of having to drive to the suburbs. I did almost have a casualty, but was able to pull over in time to avoid grossness going in my car. 

Traffic was awful all day. I even saw a taxi hit an Uber driver, but at least the accident was small. I ended up driving a few more sloppy people subsequently after that and eventually threw in the towel when I had enough of dealing with people for one day. This misadventure made the #1 for the most sloppy passenger I had to deal with. Next time, I'll just find other days to go out and go out and have fun while I'm young, single, and can! At least I made 300 dollars that weekend! No regrets, but never again! Nopity Nopity Nopity NOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment