Friday, September 30, 2016

Reasons I'm Meant to be Famous and Self Employed

For comedic purposes only! But really, who doesn't want to be famous?

Reasons why Rebs doesn't get jobs and is meant to be famous and self-employed:

1. "Not enough experience". I've been writing for 10 years now. Is that still not enough?
2. Being so tired and burned out from everything (only 1 allnighter since labor day) that I start having narcolepsy-like symptoms on the train, before, during, and after the interview. There was no complimentary coffee in the holding room and I downed my bottle of water. I almost had to call my friend to pick me up from the train on the way home. In fact I did, but he was in the shower and me and my large pumpkin spice latte mustered up the energy to walk 10 minutes home and proceed to take a 4 hour nap once I hit my bed!
3. My skill set is way too diverse and I am multi talented, which is bad for a "job". I can drive a car; I can do many things very well, but my rational brain doesn't tell me it's wrong to be a jack of many trades. My heart concurs.
4. I'm way too eccentric and extroverted. I want to go to work wearing a cute top, jeans, and brightly colored eye makeup, topped with pink sparkly mascara and happily show my piercings and ink. Hey, I can still be professional. It's all about the attitude. I will give you a genuine smile and have an intelligent conversation with you any day of the week. It's not like I have 500 facial piercings and a spider web tattoo on my face...
5. I am very free spirited. I need to create and make a difference. Sitting in a cube alone will cause me to be dead weight to you. I'll still take your money though as long as I can ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment