Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Update to "Shameless Advertising"

I definitely learned a valuable lesson from all of this: don't advertise anything on your car while driving for Uber and Lyft (or any other rideshare companies). In the beginning of 2017, I had some nasty papers mailed to my parent's house (where my car was registered to). I was about to be fined $4000 dollars for "bullshit violations" of posting the blog URL and "Your Friendly Neighborhood Uber Driver" on the back of my car and had to go to court to fix everything and not get fined more than any reasonable person can afford. When I went to court, I was going to fight for my life until my mom noticed they were going to fine a Toyota Sienna instead of a Toyota Highlander like I had. When that information was presented to the judge, all of the tickets were dropped and I owed nothing (and erased everything written on the back of my car). Be careful, folks, and make sure to check all the laws and read the fine print before doing anything "risky"... #neveragain

No comments:

Post a Comment