Sunday, February 14, 2016

2-13-16 Lyft Ventures: Country Bars are Bad!

Last night was definitely an interesting night. I’m still feeling shaken up over Friday night and had trouble getting myself to go drive because it’s been causing me very much anxiety. I woke up to meet with a lady for a brand ambassador gig to serve samples at Whole Foods and I think I got it, so that makes me happy! I need to be able to organize myself and create a schedule, otherwise it will be very difficult to go out and get the hours I need.

I met with the lady at like 1:30pm and ran some errands; it took me until almost 8pm with all factors considered to go drive. I still feel like I run into a lot of Columbia college or Depaul students. I at first headed towards the Aragon Ballroom because I knew STS9 (an EDM artist I like) to try getting some money there. I definitely picked up people from their friend’s houses to go home or to go a bar. The first lady I picked up was at the Emporium in Logan Square and lost her jacket after a friend’s birthday party. I don’t think I picked up any couples going on dates at all. The next person I picked up was a female surgeon who was spending time in “cute boy land” (as she put it, as would I) and wanted to go home and be with her dogs. She was telling me how Facebook was toxic and she barely uses it because it causes a lot of anxiety. She was also telling me about the Cardiovascular surgery field (because that’s what she does for a living) and I had never talked to a surgeon (especially a female surgeon) before. Go women in surgery! I then picked up a guy from his house to go meet with his friends in Wrigleyille. He invited me to go hang out and I felt like it would be cool and gave it a chance. I somehow found free parking too next to Wrigley Field, legal parking mind you. We went to Merkle’s, which was a country bar. I don’t like country bars and they bring up bad memories. I also don’t like country music. That was strike 1. The guy bought me a bud light. Then his friends started reminding me of my high school bullies, claiming they do “drag”. They didn’t show me pictures. That was strike 2. His friends seemed to have an attitude and my internal signals were telling me I needed to go drive. My roommate texted me wondering where I was because he wanted to chill with me for a little bit while I’d come home to eat dinner. That woke me up to wonder what I was doing. I then texted one of my dear friends who lives in Dubuque after the guy went to the bathroom. He suggested I leave. Both of those forces together prompted me to go chug the beer (Bud Light), probably a very expensive beer, and I disappeared like a ninja. Poof. Gone I was. Thanks dear Brandon and Noah! I don’t know what I’d do without you two!

I later went home to go chill with my roommates to come home to loveliness and the Fairly Oddparents waiting for me. I guess I was a lot more tired than I thought and fell asleep on the couch. This was around 11pm. At around 2:30pm I realized I needed some more hours and went driving until about 6:30am, where my bathroom senses were tingling way too much. The first ride after I went back out, I picked up two people going to Garcia’s (one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants in Chicago Lincoln Square). They invited me to hang out with them and I told myself “nooooooo not again” and politely declined. They were also probably drunk. I ended up in Skokie (a girl coming home from her birthday celebration at her friend’s house and telling me about her dreams to move to LA and be a film producer and she had graduated from Columbia), Oak Park (taking 2 girls home from the bar where they were hilariously telling me about their friend’s boyfriend who’s a jerk), and Maywood (a cute Italian man was telling me about his drone and friend’s viral youtube career). I also was telling some people about the storytelling scene who didn’t know anything (I told him about “Do Not Submit” and some of Scott Whitehair’s endeavors, which is actually where I had my first feature performance ever), and some Depaul freshman about choosing careers and what can happen in jobs once you graduate. I also have a 7 seater SUV and was thrown off guard to have to use my back seat twice. I had rarely used my 3rd row seat until recently. Now it can help me make some moneys. On my very last ride, I took a man from Albany Park to Edgewater for working at a restaurant and he handed me 5 dollars. That was my first tip in 50 rides (excluding being offered food like 3 times). After that, it was 6:30 in the morning and since my car doesn’t have a bathroom, a 24 hour Walgreens down the street it was! I wasn’t a paying customer that time (was contemplating buying something when I went in there), but it was either or #2 in my pants. Sorry I’m not sorry grumpy cashier lady! Uber/Lyft drivers need bathrooms and I don’t look shady (lol). After my Walgreens ventures, it was almost 7am, I was out of my amino energy drink, and I was starting to feel like I could fall asleep at the wheel. The end! Adventure complete! Onto the next one! Happy Valentine’s Day! The sunrise was beautiful this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment