Saturday, February 13, 2016

First Free Food!

As "Your Friendly Neighborhood Uber Driver", I definitely was on an adventure in order to attain this food. I was in Rogers Park on Wednesday night telling a story to get some more open mic practice (Heartland Cafe). After the open mic, I was walking back to my car and spotted a couple people smoking a cigarette outside of a bar. I was curious what was still open at about 1am and it was the Red Line Tap. I didn't know that bar was located next to the Heartland Cafe and I'm telling a story there on Monday for the Lifeline Storytelling Project (in Chicago). I decided to check out the venue after talking to one of the men standing outside with a cigarette. It was definitely nice, that's forsure. We ended up talking for a bit and he told me he needed a ride home because his friend who was going to drive him home flaked out on him. I told him I drove for Lyft and gave him a ride. It was almost 2am at that point and he was hungry. He offered me food and asked me if I wanted American or Indian food, which I of course wanted Indian Food, and I was quite humbled he did this for me. I was once offered McDonald's, but I'm not much for fast food and wasn't hungry that time. He got me some chicken curry and jasmine rice dish from a place on Devon and Leavitt street that started with a "G". It was quite tasty (and all gone). Thanks kind man! My stomach and heart were happy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment